15 Side Affects of a Silent Killer
1. Gobbles Your Brain Cells Like Candy
– Chronic stress damages, shrinks and ultimately kills your brain cells by flooding your brain with powerful hormones that are meant for short-term emergency situations…not every day life!
2. Makes Your Children’s Lives Miserable
– A recent survey in the Wall Street Journal stated that 91% of 8 to 17 year olds admitted they can tell when their parents are stressed out, and it made them feel sad, worried, and frustrated as a result…even though most of the parents believed their own stress had no effect whatsoever on their children!
3. Puts Your Sizzling Love Life On Ice
– Stress creates hormonal changes in the human body that can dramatically decrease libido. It also causes the fallopian tubes and uterus to spasm, which can affect implantation and fertility. Stress in men can affect sperm count and motility and can cause erectile dysfunction. In fact, stress may account for 30% of all infertility problems!
4. Makes You Forget What Matters Most
– stress shrinks the hippocampus, a part of the brain that stores and retrieves memories. This affects every part of your life from relationships to your job and makes you feel lost and confused.
5. Destroys Your Stomach and Digestion
– Chronic stress worsens irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), a condition that irritates the large intestine and causes constipation, cramping, and bloating. It even worsens ulcers and can keep them from healing properly, leaving you dependent on medicine and a bland diet just to control your symptoms! As if you didn’t already have enough stress in your life…
6. Makes You Fat
– The stress hormone cortisol not only causes abdominal fat to pile on, but it also enlarges individual fat cells, leading to what researchers call “diseased” fat. When you combine this with an increased risk of diabetes, you’re playing Russian Roulette with your health and practically begging for a heart attack or stroke.
7. Wrecks Havoc On Your Blood Sugar
– Stress negatively alters your blood sugar levels which can lead to mood swings, fatigue, hyperglycemia, and metabolic syndrome (a major risk factor for heart attack and diabetes). And stress often causes us to eat too much, or not enough, which pushes our blood sugar levels even further over the edge and into the danger zone.
8. Sends You On An Emotional Roller Coaster of Pain and Depression
– Exposure to stress hormones cause your cells to shrink and disconnect from each other, which contributes to depression, withdrawal and even suicide.
9. Destroys Your Immune System
– Stress breaks down the blood-brain barrier and allows toxins and chemicals into your system. Your blood-brain barrier is what shields your neurons from many poisons, viruses, and toxins. Continued stress can blunt the immune system response which dramatically increases the risk of getting colds and other more serious infections. It can even decrease your body’s response to immunizations, leaving you unprotected and open to illness, injury and diseases.
10. Breaks The Bank
- Almost 90% of all visits to primary health care providers are due to stress-related problems. This increases your insurance, costs thousands of dollars in doctor visits and medication and causes you to miss work – which adds to your financial pressures (which also happens to be the number one cause of stress!)
11. Changes Who You Are
– On top of mood swings, rage and depression, stress can lead you to look for unhealthy and harmful ways to cope with the pressure of day-to-day life. It’s the number one cause of alcohol and drug addiction, and it’s behind most eating disorders and certain mental issues such as physical and emotional self-abuse.
12. Steals Your Sleep and Turns Dreams Into Nightmares
– Chronic stress makes it difficult for people to get a restful night’s sleep, which interferes with the body’s mechanisms for recovering and repairing itself. A lack of sleep can also worsen psychological stress and prevent you from recognizing problems and dealing with them rationally and calmly. Without sleep you can’t function and everything in your life is affected – which only leads to more stress!
13. Makes Work Almost Unbearable
– It is estimated that 1 million Americans miss work due to stress-related issues and illnesses. Even violence at work is rising due to stress. In fact, unresolved and consistent stress is the main reason that workplace homicide is the second leading cause of occupational death!
14. Hurts Your Head
– Studies have shown that stress can cause chronic migraines and headaches. Not to mention you feel overwhelmed, foggy and confused and your head spins like a top under the pressure and pain.
Breaks Your Heart (Literally)
– Sudden changes in heart rate and increased demands on the cardiovascular system can increase your risk of a fatal heart attack. When your blood pressure rises and falls repeatedly, it can further damage the inner lining of your artery walls which leads to heart disease, chronic high blood pressure, chest pain, irregular heartbeat and even a stroke. Living with stress is dangerous – it taxes your heart and takes years off your life!
Say Yes to the Ultimate STRESS BUSTER...Therapeutic Massage, Yoga & Pilates. Schedule a 60M $59.99 Introductory Massage now, and/or purchase a 6PAC or 10PAC Yoga & Pilates package!
It may save your LIFE! Click the button to schedule an appointment or purchase now!